Join us for the San Diego 48HFP Picnic Kickoff Event!
Starting at 5:00PM on July 24, 2015 the Picnic Kickoff Event will take place at Liberty Station's NTC Park. This picturesque site will be where all teams drop a chip on the world's only 48HFP Genre Plinko Board and get their film genres. Afterwards the required elements will be announced.
4:30PM - Start of Kickoff Picnic
5:45PM - Please have your team checked in by now.
5:45PM - Start of genre drawing.
GET DIRECTIONS HERE
- Teams must turn in a signed Team Leader Agreement in order to participate. Team Leaders do not need to be present, but their signature must be on the agreement.
- Prior to the Kickoff each team will be assigned a screening day and time. This will be your Screening Group. At the Kickoff teams will be called up by their Screening Group for the random genre drawing. Genres will be drawn in order of screening group.
- Teams must be checked in at the registration table NO LATER THAN 5:45PM to ensure they will not miss their Screening Group's genre drawing. If your team does not have a representative present when it is your turn to draw genre, your team will draw its genre at the very end of all the genre drawings.
- Once genre drawings are complete, the Producers will open the envelopes containing the three required elements. The last element will be announced and the competition period will begin promptly at 7:00pm after which you will be free to go make your film!
- If your team drew a genre that you wish to throw back for a Wild Card genre, Wild Card assignments will take place after the announcement of the three required elements.
Once your team throws back your original genre and is assigned a Wild Card you may not change your mind back to your original genre. Wild Card is a one way street!