Join us for the San Diego 48HFP Picnic Kickoff Event!
Starting at 5:00PM on August 19 the Picnic Kickoff Event will take place at Liberty Station's NTC Park. This picturesque site will be where all teams draw their film genres. Afterwards the required elements will be announced.
4:30PM - Start of Kickoff Picnic
5:45PM - Please have your team checked in by now.
5:45PM - Start of genre drawing.
- Teams must turn in a signed Team Leader Agreement in order to participate. Team Leaders do not need to be present, but their signature must be on the agreement.
- Prior to the Kickoff each team will be assigned a screening day and time. This will be your Screening Group. At the Kickoff teams will be called up by their Screening Group for the random genre drawing. Genres will be drawn in order of screening group.
- Teams must be checked in at the registration table NO LATER THAN 5:45PM to ensure they will not miss their Screening Group's genre drawing. If your team does not have a representative present when it is your turn to draw your genre, your team will draw its genre at the very end of all the genre drawings.
- Here is how the genre drawings work this year:
- Each screening group is called up one at a time.
- Team representatives select an envelope each from Genre List 1 and Genre List 2. Envelopes from Genre List 1 contain a paper with a letter from A to O, Genre List 2 envelopes contain a paper with a number from 1 to 15.
- Once all teams for that screening group have selected their two envelopes a new set of Genre List 1 and Genre List 2 envelopes will be placed and the next screening group will select their envelopes. This will continue until all screening groups have selected their envelopes. Each team will then have two pieces of paper; one with a letter and one with a number.
- The world's only 48HFP Genre Plinko Board will be set with 15 envelopes that each contain one genre from Genre List 1. The Plinko chip will be dropped to select the genres one at a time to represent Genre A, Genre B, Genre C, and so on until all the genres have been selected.
- Genre Plinko Board will be reset with 15 new envelopes that each contain one genre from Genre List 2. The Plinko chip will be dropped to select the genres one at a time to represent Genre 1, Genre 2, Genre 3, and so on until all the genres have been selected.
- Once genre drawings are complete, the Producers will open the envelopes containing the three required elements. The last element will be announced and the competition period will begin promptly at 7:00pm after which you will be free to go make your film!